Tuesday 21 October 2008

White night update - Tues evening


hi all
Just thought it was time for an update/check in with you all.
It is now Tuesday evening and I've checked the blog a couple of times. I'm working all day tomorrow and then in London all day Thursday (and out of email contact) then working all day Friday then on Saturday it's our open studios at APEC (12-6pm) then it's White Night itself. So, probably no time for us to meet prior to the event so all our organising will have to happen via email and this blog. But I'm sure that's not a problem. Unless some of you want to come to APEC during the day on Saturday and catch up with me then? (Invite for open studios attached).
So far we have some great films by TTFB and some really good ideas from Esther about warm-ups to get the evening off to a good start. If we are to do the dressing up ones we'll have to think about where we can source the clothes before Saturday. Have people got really good dressing up clothes they could bring in? I could probably find one or two things. I guess if everyone brought two things to wear then there would probably be enough outfits/accessories for everyone.
I like the idea of people turning up for a serious debate and finding something quite anarchic and surprising taking place. This might, of course, piss some people off, but that could be quite funny, as long as we can win them over in the long run.
How are your ideas going with the big red table Luska? Or with us saying our opinions. Have you had any more thoughts? I'm going to email this post to the group email list as well because i'm not sure everyone is checking this blog.
If everyone who reads this could reply with their latest thoughts to me tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be able to read and collate all ideas tomorrow (Weds) evening.
Tom, you probably need to check again with Gez about putting your DVD on the monitor in the gallery. Perhaps check it out by end of Thursday latest in case there's a problem.
I'm going to do a bit of reading and research now and will add another post before I go to bed with some more ideas of my own.
All the best
Susan

No comments: